Monday, February 8, 2016

A Prayer Pleasing to the Lord

A number of years ago I was kind of overwhelmed by the number of people I wanted to pray for, so many friends, family members, needs in the world that I decided to use my Rosary and on each Hail Mary Bead I would pray:  “For Mary and all of her needs, Lord have mercy.”  I was so proud of myself and so relieved that I could pray in that way, knowing that I could include everyone without having to spend long minutes in prayer for each intention.  Then….along came the Chaplet of Divine Mercy – God had the idea way before I did!  I felt as if God was encouraging me in my way of praying – He confirmed it, some might say!  So now I do pray the Chaplet with words that God Himself has given us through Saint Faustina! 

Here is a link on how to pray the Chaplet if you don’t already know how to do so.  You can find the Chaplet of Divine Mercy on CD’s; the prayers can be recited as well as chanted.  It is very simple and the prayers are very profound.  It can take only a few minutes; perhaps you can pray a decade at a time http://www.thedivinemercy.org/message/devotions/praythechaplet.php
Here is a link to a very good article about Pope Francis and the Year of Mercy.  http://catholicpreaching.com/a-conversation-with-pope-francis-about-gods-mercy-the-anchor-february-5-2016/
Well worth reading! 

 

No comments: