Monday, March 10, 2014
Tuesday, March 4, 2014
So let's begin! Lent really is a season of grace - Gods gift of time so that we can stop and take stock of where we are going. We are on our way to Heaven so let's make sure we get all the stones in the road out of the way. May we together have a blessed Lent.
Monday, March 3, 2014
- Prayer exists when God, not self, is the sole point of reference.
- Prayer is not a practice but a life.
- Prayer is our opening up to God to receive from Him the wonder of a transforming love.
- If you want to find God in prayer, strive to have the heart of a poor person, of one who claims no rights for himself and marvels at the gifts he receives.
- Attach myself to the life of prayer rather than the act of prayer.
- There is no saint without a past and no sinner without a future!
- Our memory becomes healthy to the extent that we surrender our past to God and know that it is more his past than mine.
Saturday, March 1, 2014
Bless the LORD, O my soul;
and all my being, bless his holy name.
Bless the LORD, O my soul,
and forget not all his benefits.
He pardons all your iniquities,
he heals all your ills.
He redeems your life from destruction,
he crowns you with kindness and compassion.
Remind me today of all the ways that you are kind to me, through the people you put into my life, for all the ways I encounter you in the Sacraments.
Merciful and gracious is the LORD,
slow to anger and abounding in kindness.
He will not always chide,
nor does he keep his wrath forever.
As far as the east is from the west,
so far has he put our transgressions from us.
Wednesday, February 26, 2014
You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.
- Keep a few greeting cards and some stamps in your desk drawer and once in a while send a note to someone you know who has been "injured" or who is suffering such as a friend who has cancer.
- When you have a free minute pick up the phone and call someone you haven't been in touch with for a while, someone you love and/or someone who needs to hear your voice.
- When you bake some cookies for the kids, make a few extra for an elderly or homebound person who could use your healing attention. So many elderly in nursing homes sit in the lobby all day long hoping that someone would visit them.
- As you walk down the aisle of the supermarket, no matter how distracted or rushed you are, smile at the other rushed and distracted shopper and say hello. They might smile back!
- Send a $10 gasoline card and a note to a family you know who is financially strapped. (You could do it anonymously) It isn't much but they will be grateful for your kindness. I am sure you can think of other ways to love your neighbor!
Thursday, February 20, 2014
Saturday, February 15, 2014
Read more of the summary of his message by clicking on: http://www.ncregister.com/daily-news/pope-in-lenten-message-poverty-of-christ-is-greatest-treasure/#ixzz2sTojA5CJ