Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Our Lady of the Roses

Today is the Feast of Our Lady of Guadalupe, one of my favorite feasts. Some years ago after reading the story of Our Lady’s appearance to Juan Diego in Mexico, I fell in love with her and I experience her closeness as my mother under this title. The loving, tender, gentle way she spoke to Juan Diego provides us with a wonderful glimpse of her loving care for all of us.

Here is a link to the story of the apparition on Tepyac Hill. Please read it and enjoy it. I think it is so significant that the feast comes in the middle of Advent. The black sash around Our Blessed Mother’s waist is an Aztec sign of her pregnancy. She is the expectant Lady of Guadalupe! As you grocery shop today, or go by a florist, buy a rose and as you regard its loveliness,allow our Lady to heal and inflame your heart with love – for her - and for her Son, the fruit of her womb!

http://www.holyartworks.com/guadalupe/history_of_guadalupe.htm

No comments: