Saturday, May 3, 2008

A prayer of great hope!

Yesterday our Sisters began the Novena to the Holy Spirit – nine days of prayer asking the Holy Spirit to come upon us in new and deeper ways. We have received the Holy Spirit in Baptism and especially in Confirmation. The Holy Spirit is the animator of all of the Sacraments. (see http://www.christusrex.org/www1/CDHN/spirit.html#BELIEVE).You too might want to pray a Novena to the Holy Spirit which ends next Sunday, the solemnity of Pentecost.

PRAYER FOR THE SEVEN GIFTS OF THE HOLY SPIRIT

O blessed Spirit of WISDOM, help me to seek God. Make Him the center of my life and order my life to Him, so that love and harmony may reign in my soul.

O blessed Spirit of UNDERSTANDING, enlighten my mind that I may know and love the truths of faith and make them truly my own.

O blessed Spirit of COUNSEL, uphold my soul in every need, trouble or adversity. Make me loyal and confident.

O blessed Spirit of KNOWLEDGE, help me to know good from evil. Teach me to do what is right in the sight of God. Give me clear vision and firmness in decision.

O blessed Spirit of PIETY, possess my heart, incline it to a true faith in you, to a holy love of you, my God, that with my whole soul I may seek you who are my Father and find you, my best, my truest joy.

O blessed Spirit of HOLY FEAR, penetrate my inmost heart that I may ever be mindful of your presence. Make me fly from sin and give me the intense reverence for God and for all others, who are made in God’s image.

Grant me also, O Holy Spirit, Giver of all good gifts, the special favor for which I ask (name your special intentions), confident that it will be for your honor and glory and for my good, which you alone truly know. Amen.

No comments: