Sunday, May 2, 2010

Her month of May

This is a very busy time of year and it's not always easy to keep up to date on our blog. But today is the Lord's Day, a day of rest and reflection. For our community, it is our monthly Retreat Day, a day of adoration before the Blessed Sacrament, a day for spiritual reading and prayer. It has also given me time to think about the blog and what I should share with you today.

Really, the answer was easy. We are at the beginning of the month of May, my favorite month of the year. It is a month dedicated to our Blessed Mother who is very dear to my heart. I think of my childhood when I would put together a prayer table to Mary in my bedroom and I would bring her wild violets and other flowers that would be blooming in these early Spring days. But now I can visit with her Son in our chapel and place flowers before her statue there.

Each day our Sisters pray the Memorare for the intention of vocations to our community. Perhaps you would be willing to join us especially during this month of May. And bring your own intentions to our Heavenly Mother with this beautiful yet simple prayer.
THE MEMORARE

Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to your protection, implored your help, or sought your intercession was left unaided.
Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto you, O Virgin of virgins, my mother; to you do I come, before you I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in your mercy hear and answer me.
Amen.


No comments: