Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Back from retreat

Summer is a challenging time to keep up with my blog. Soon after I returned from my visit with my family we began our annual community retreat. It was not a time for blogging but for listening and praying, resting and being quiet before the Lord. What a wonderful retreat it was!

Our reteat master based his conferences on the teachings and on the life of St. John Vianney, the Cure of Ars. Much of Father's words were the words of the Cure so we soon felt as if the Cure himself was in our chapel, speaking to us - speaking to our hearts. It couldn't have come at a better time. As I went into the retreat I was feeling spiritually dry. The Lord knew that and He knew just what I needed to hear. By the end of the retreat I had no words to describe the graces I had received.

As I get my notes organized perhaps I can share some of them with you.

If you are feeling spiritually dry at this time in your life, perhaps a retreat is the answer. It isn't always easy to get away - to take time away from the busyness of daily life for quiet and prayer. But I encourage you to consider it. If you have responsibilities (husbands, children, jobs, families) perhaps you can find a way to have someone cover for you. Investing in a retreat is one investment that reaps marvelous dividends. As Sisters our retreat time is protected for us and we are able to take the time. But lay people are in need of renewal too so remember that no matter how great the obstacles, with the Lord all things are possible!

No comments: