Wednesday, August 15, 2012

I'm back!

I was stunned when I realized it has been two months since I posted anything on this blog!  I can't believe it.  I have a note on my computer screen that says "blog".  It was supposed to remind me to post!! I would look at it and say "I'll do it tomorrow".  What a procrastinator I am!

It is not that there hasn't been anything to say.  Perhaps there has been too much to say.  Since last time our Sisters have had our annual retreat.  We also took part in our every-five-years convocation at which time we elected a new Community Sister Servant and her Council.  Some of also had family visits.  And we had our annual vacation together (at which time we were able to watch some of the Olympic games)!    Because of the annual changes some of us are moving!  Now you understand why it has been two months!

Today is the wonderful Solemnity of the Assumption of Our Blessed Mother into Heaven.  It is also the anniversary of my final profession of vows as a Sister of Jesus Our Hope.  A day of great hope!  Our Blessed Mother has gone before us - body and soul - and the Lord assures us that we will follow her, our resurrected body (without its infirmities) to be reunited with our soul at the final judgement. How very wonderful is that!!

May the Lord bless us with the grace of final perseverance so that we make it to Heaven! 
                                        Mary, our most holy Mother, pray for us!

No comments: