Sunday, April 28, 2013

Never give up hope!

There was a low point in my life this week that was like a blow to the gut - hard enough to take my  breath away.  I felt physically sick!  I am talking about President Obama's talk to the national meeting of Planned Parenthood.  I can't even bring myself to quote his remarks.  If you have not already heard them here is a link to an article on Catholic.org that might help you, especially to put the whole matter into perspective. 
http://catholic.org/national/national_story.php?id=50700

At first, after I read the story about his appearance to PP, I could hardly pray.  How can I pray?  What do I say to the Lord? For what do I ask Him?  One of the prayers that most soothes my heart these days is taken from the last chapter of the Book of Revelation:  "Maranatha, Come Lord Jesus!" (Rev. 22:12-21)  The world is in such a state how can we ever fix it?  We can't fix it; only God can,  I know.

Also, we can pray, over and over again, the Chaplet of Divine Mercy:    Heavenly Father, I offer you the Body and Blood, soul and divinity, of your dearly beloved Son, our Lord Jesus Christ.  For the sake of His sorrowful Passion, have mercy on us and on the whole world."

Our Sisters pray each day that God will have mercy on our country, and for the conversion of the President.  God has work for us to do; He has a role for each one of us to play in these critical times.  Our work is to pray.  We can't say we don't have time.  We can't say we don't know how.  We can't say that our prayers do not work or that they are never answered.  None of these "can'ts" are true.  We HAVE to pray!  The stakes are very high.  In the car  or as you jog put on a CD of the Rosary.  Pray the Hail Mary as you go about the laundry, housework, as you ride the bus to work.  Say "Jesus, Mercy" as you walk to class or down the hall at work.  Offer up your little crosses during the day (waiting in line at the supermarket when you are in a hurry, annoyances, allergies, stiff knees and  pain the back!) 

I am a Sister of Jesus Our Hope and I know that Jesus is our Hope, He is hope!  We cannot lose hope because He is alive!  Come Lord Jesus - come into our world and transform it by the power of your love.  Have mercy on us and on the whole world! 

No comments: