Saturday, July 27, 2013

I am retreating!


Hello everyone:

This is a quick post.  Tomorrow, Sunday, we begin our annual retreat here at our motherhouse.  It is a time of prayer, quiet, rest, spiritual reading and talks by a visiting retreat master.  We have been cleaning and grocery shopping, all that goes with preparation for a week alone with the Lord.  Pray for us as I will be praying for you.

I don't know if you have been watching any of the broadcasts of World Youth Day.  I hope you have.  Tonight is the WYD prayer vigil and tomorrow the closing Mass.  Pope Francis has been outstanding in the words he has given to the young people.  I have been printing out some of the talks to reflect on during our retreat.  (I copy and paste onto a WORD document.)

I encourage you to check this web site for the full texts of our Holy Father's talks.  He is amazing.  Jesus has been truly present at this great event, particularly last evening during the Way of the Cross.
http://whispersintheloggia.blogspot.com/

May the Lord bless you as you read this material.  Perhaps I can share some thoughts after our retreat. 

May the Lord bless you with a realization of his love and his mercy.  May His peace be with you!

No comments: