Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Movin' On

Some days ago the Gospel for the day was taken from St. Matthew 19-20:

'Do not store up treasures for yourselves on earth... For wherever your treasure is, there will your heart be..."

I am very much aware of this passage these days as I prepare to move!  I have been in this convent for 9 years and I have carried out my apostolate from here.  So, I have many things to pack and to purge!  It is not easy.  I am so surprised at myself because I am very teary-eyed as I say so long to people I have known in our area – the pharmacist, people in our local parishes etc.  This is the time of year for transition – for moving around to serve in our various apostolates.  One of our Sisters said she broke down and cried the other day as she discovered a “going-away” note from one of the students she served this year.  I guess you call the tears "mourning."  Because of our vow of obedience we agree to go where the Lord wants us.  And we fully choose to live our lives that way.  I am happy when I think about settling into a new environment  and into a new apostolate.  But we carry in our hearts the people we serve and those who serve us.  Moving along and leaving them behind is painful. So pray for us this week.  Our treasure is in the will of God. 


No comments: