Tuesday, November 10, 2015

The needs of others

One of our Sisters is undergoing chemotherapy today.  It is hard to know how to help when someone is facing such a scary, challenging time.  It is obvious that we pray for them but the Lord has led me recently to offer up my day for some special intention.  When I prayed my Morning Offering this morning I did that.  “Jesus, through the Immaculate Heart of Mary, I offer you all my prayers, works, joys and sufferings of this day for Sister ____  and in atonement for my sins and for the sins of the whole word.”  We can do that each day and insert the intention we want to pray for. 

During the day, from time to time when I think of it, I repeat the intention using the Chaplet of Divine Mercy prayer:  “Father, for the sake of His sorrowful Passion, have mercy on ________ and on the whole world.”  My own younger sister was in the hospital yesterday for a possible heart attack.  I prayed like this for her as well.  Thank God, it was a false alarm and she is home.  God is good!   Sometimes we feel helpless, not knowing what to do for our loved ones in need.  But the Holy Spirit has given us ways to pray that are very effective and easy to insert into our busy schedules.  “Jesus, I place my trust in you for ___________.”  

No comments: