Wednesday, January 13, 2016

It is a New Year

Now that the Christmas season is over, we are liturgically back in Ordinary Time.  If we are good Christians we know that there is no ordinary time with the Lord.   However we often need to remind ourselves that if our spiritual senses are working properly, we should be able to experience God every day in some way.  That is very often not very easy.  I am not much for making New Year's Resolutions but this year, with the guidance of my Superior, I am trying to take brief breaks during the day in order to savor the joy of being alive!  

I just finished some work time on the computer (database entries, FACEBOOK posts etc.) so I STOPPED.  And I just now had a 15-minute break  with Bishop Barron.  His YouTube videos offer me an opportunity to  pause, to catch my breath, to exhale and be quiet, to listen, to take in.  Here is a link to the homily I just listened to today.    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLTEDiAwWm8&feature=em-subs_digest

Many of you probably have very busy schedules but it is spiritually healthy to take some spiritual breaks during the day, even for 5-10-15 minutes in the midst of the busyness.  This video will give you some idea how to do that.  Don't let life get away from you in this New Year.  Take control even if you feel out of control.  God loves you - loves me - very much.  Give him a few minutes each day to love you.  The good life grows on love.  

No comments: