Sunday, August 12, 2007

Today is Sunday, the Lord's Day, a day to rest in the Lord and from our work! For some of us that is not always possible or easy. Here is a little thought from G. K. Chesterton:

"Contemporary society has become dry,
not for lack of wonders, but for lack of wonder!"

Today is a day to stop and smell the flowers, to walk in the woods, to bike along a nature trail, to listen to a beautiful piece of classical music, to really hear the songs of the birds, to arrange a bouquet of flowers, to look, really look, into the faces of those we love - in all of this to contemplate the face of God! Life is full of wonder. If your life seems a little dry these days , lift up your eyes and see!

I will be on vacation for the next few days so I won't be posting during that time. I hope to be back soon. God bless you!

2 comments:

christine M said...

Have a blessed vacation.

Anonymous said...

I am a great believer in stopping to smell the flowers (literally).

I did that on the way to a job interview and had the most severe allergic reaction, the first and only one of my life. It was so bad I had to wear sunglasses during the interview.

I got the job.