Monday, February 9, 2009

Let go and let God!

I realize it has been a while since my last post. I’m too busy I think! As I was praying this morning I was wondering what I could share with you today and it occurred to me to share what God was saying to my own heart. The Gospel continues to be taken from the writings of St. Mark. His is a wonderful Gospel, so simply stated and replete with homey, tender accounts of Jesus and His care for the people.

After making the crossing, they came to land at Gennesaret and tied up there. As they were leaving the boat, people immediately recognized him. They scurried about the surrounding country and began to bring in the sick on mats to wherever they heard he was. Whatever villages or towns or countryside he entered, they laid the sick in the marketplaces and begged him that they might touch only the tassel on his cloak; and as many as touched it were healed. (Mark 6:53-56)

I don’t know about you but I have a tendency to want to solve everyone’s problems on my own. I think I must help people. Well it doesn’t always work that way. We can do what we can but… the most important thing we can do for those we love and serve is to bring them to Jesus, just like the villagers did in today’s Gospel.

More and more I find that I need to let go and simply bring others to Jesus, or better yet, point them to Jesus, send them to Jesus. Jesus is the One who heals, the One who loves more than I ever could love. If there are people today in your life that you carry in your heart, send them to Jesus – literally or in your prayers. We read in St. Mark's Gospel that Jesus’ heart is always moved with pity and He will never turn anyone away. (And that goes for us too!)

No comments: