Tuesday, February 10, 2009

A lovely feast

Tomorrow is one of my favorite feasts of our Blessed Mother. It is the Feast of Our Lady of Lourdes and World Day of Prayer for the sick. As I mentioned last year, some years ago our community made a pilgrimage to Lourdes, France and our time there will be forever etched in my memory. The first sight of the grotto where Our Blessed Mother appeared to St. Bernadette Soubirous took my breath away. God's presence - the presence of His Mother - can be experienced in this holy place. Here is a lovely prayer to Our Lady that you might like to pray and keep.

O ever Immaculate Virgin, Mother of mercy, health of the sick, refuge of sinners, comforter of the afflicted, you know my wants, my troubles, my sufferings, look with mercy on me.By appearing in the Grotto of Lourdes you were pleased to make it a privileged sanctuary,from where you dispense your favors; and already many sufferers have obtained the cure of their infirmities, both spiritual and corporal.

I come, therefore, with complete confidence to implore your maternal intercession. Obtain, O Loving Mother, my requests. (mention them here) Through gratitude for your favors, I will endeavor to imitate your virtues of kindness and humilty that I may one day share your glory in Heaven. Amen.

Click on this link to read a brief account of the Apparitions at Lourdes
http://www.ewtn.com/saintsholy/saints/O/ourladyoflourdes.asp

No comments: