Monday, May 17, 2010

An abundance of Gifts

As we prepare for the Solemnity of Pentecost (Sunday, May 23) our Sisters are praying the Litany of the Holy Spirit each day, asking the Holy Spirit to increase in our hearts His gifts and graces. (see link below)

If you are not already doing so, you might also like to pray with an expectant heart to the Holy Spirit for the many graces you need in your life at this time. While we are in the middle of the Novena (nine days of prayer) jump right in today and join your prayers with the Sisters and the many throughout the world who are seeking the Holy Spirit's favor during these special days of grace. Here is a wonderful prayer for the Gifts of the Holy Spirit

O blessed Spirit of WISDOM, help me to seek God. Make Him the Center of my life and order my life to Him so that love and harmony may reign in my soul.

O blessed Spirit of UNDERSTANDING, enlighten my mind that I may know and love the truths of Faith and make them truly my own.

O blessed Spirit of COUNSEL, enlighten and guide me in all my ways that I may always know and do your holy will.

O blessed Spirit of FORTITUDE, uphold my soul in every need, trouble or adversity. Make me loyal and confident.

O blessed Spirit of KNOWLEDGE, help me to know good from evil. Teach me to do what is right in the sight of God. Give me clear vision and firmness in decision.

O blessed Spirit of PIETY, possess my heart, incline it to a true faith in You, to a holy love of You, my God, that with my whole soul I may seek You, who are my Father and find you, my best, my truest joy.

O blessed Spirit of HOLY FEAR, penetrate my inmost heart that I may ever be mindful of your presence. Make me fly from sin and give me intense reverence for God and for all others who are made in God's image.

Grant me also, O Holy Spirit, Giver of all good gifts, the special favor for which I ask (name it), confident that it will be for Your honor and glory and for my good which you alone truly know. Amen.

http://www.ewtn.com/devotionals/pentecost/pent13.htm

No comments: