Thursday, November 25, 2010

There is always a reason to be grateful

God is good! Life is good! No matter what our life is like right now we have so much to be thankful for. If by any chance we are feeling glum I have personally discovered that the quickest way to climb out of the doldrums is to be grateful - for all the people and blessings that we have - right now!

I thank God for my health which is pretty good but not perfect; for the fact that I have a roof over my head and a bed to sleep in; that there is food on our table - and most of all because Jesus lives with me - with our Sisters - right here in the chapel in our motherhouse. But, if we don't have a chapel, Jesus still lives with us - in our hearts, in those who love us and in those we love. I read recently that if we have lost Jesus, we can find him - in the tabernacle. Thank God we still have freedom of religion in our country and Mass is available to us every day. To receive Jesus in the Eucharist is to give him thanks.

We should be thanking God every day for all the blessings we have received, but in this country we have a wonderful opportunity to focus on gratitude to God on this special civil holiday. "Give thanks to the Lord for he is good; for his love is everlasting." Amen! (I Chronicles 16:33-35)

For a lovely reflection on Thanksgiving click on:

No comments: