Sunday, March 20, 2011

There is Someone at the door

As I was going through items on my desk yesterday, during a vigorous cleaning of my room, I came across this prayer card with thoughts of Pope Benedict XVI given in St. Peter's Square on Sunday, April 24, 2005. It was shortly after he became Pope. His thoughts gave us a glimpse of the thrust of his Pontificate. As I read it I realized it is a proper call to each one of us during these days of Lent.

"Do not be afraid of Christ! If we let Christ into our lives, we lose nothing, nothing, absolutely nothing of what makes life free, beautiful and great... I say to you, dear young people: Do not be afraid of Christ! He takes nothing away, and He gives you everything. When we give ourselves to Him, we receive a hundredfold in return. Yes, open, open wide the doors to Christ and you will find true life."

Whether we are old or young, we too are called to open the doors of our heart to Christ. He is the only One who can make us happy. He is the only One who offers us a future - with Him in Heaven. He longs to have us turn away from our busy lives and be aware of Him; He is waiting and waiting for us to "see" Him, to hear His voice, to turn to Him. Don't waste a minute - fling open the door!

No comments: