Sunday, January 8, 2012

What do we have to offer Him?

On this great solemnity of the Epiphany, when Jesus was revealed to the world through the three Kings, here are some thoughts for meditation.

"The Wise Men persevered in their travel even though they did not know the exact place of Jesus' birth. In like manner each of us must persevere in doing good and in seeking God in spite of interior darkness, even when the light which shines on our path seems to grow dim. This darkness can only be overcome by an intense spirit of pure naked faith which trusts in God alone. I know that God wills it, I know he is calling, and this is enough for me. 'I know him whom I have believed, and I am sure (Tim 1:12), no matter what he permits or asks of me, I cannot doubt him. This is the best way to unite ourselves to the adoration of the Magi: 'as they brought forth from among their treasures mystical gifts which they offered the Lord, let us also bring forth from our hearts something fit to offer him.' (St. Leo the Great)."


(This meditation is taken from "Divine Intimacy" Volume I by Father Gabriel of St. Mary Magdalen O. C. D. Ignatius Press)

No comments: