Friday, April 11, 2014

Start today

Well, with Palm Sunday occurring tomorrow we begin Holy Week, the solemn days of grace.  If we are not careful we will be celebrating Easter and wondering what happened to my time with the Lord.  I have a suggestion.  Beginning today, Friday, start praying the Stations of the Cross.  I was under the weather one day this week and prayed a version of the prayer written by Dominican Father Peter John Cameron, a version I clipped out of the MAGNIFICAT missalette several years ago. The reflections contained a word from the Lord that I very much needed at the time.  

If you do not have a Stations of the Cross booklet you can download one from the internet.  Here are a few links.  http://www.catholic.org/prayers/station.php

Perhaps you could pray just one or two stations a day.  They are brief but take the time to picture the moment recalled and pray a simple prayer like:  “Lord Jesus, thank you for suffering and dying for me.  I love you, Jesus.  Have mercy on me, a sinner.”  

When Easter Sunday arrives, you will be so happy that you accompanied the Lord on his way - the way of the Cross - a path that led to His Resurrection.  

No comments: