Friday, June 12, 2015

He has a big heart

Today is one of our Community feast days – the Solemn feast of the Sacred Heart of Jesus.  The Church uses many images to portray the various qualities of Jesus – The Good Shepherd, the Lamb of God etc.  But my favorite image is that of Jesus with His Sacred Heart visible on his breast.  Along with the Crucifix, for me the image of his Sacred Heart  is a tangible sign that He loves me, and with his arms outstretched, He calls me to come to Him, to be enfolded in His love, to be comforted and consoled in the depths of His merciful heart. 

No matter what is going on in my life,  Jesus is there beside me;  the image of His Sacred Heart reveals to me that He is with me, no matter what.  On the cross, He poured out His life for me and His love will never, ever leave me. 

St. Margaret Mary Alacoque to whom Jesus appeared and manifested His Sacred Heart, said 
The sacred heart of Christ is an inexhaustible fountain and its sole desire is to pour itself out into the hearts of the humble so as to free them and prepare them to lead lives according to his good pleasure...  ...Hope in His goodness and redouble your confidence in proportion as your troubles increase.”

Here is a link to a splendid article that will provide more thoughts for meditation on the Sacred Heart of Jesus:  http://catholicexchange.com/a-heart-of-flame-4-reasons-to-love-the-sacred-heart

Jesus meek and humble of heart, make my heart like Yours.
Sacred Heart of Jesus, I place my trust in you.


No comments: