Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Miracles and Mercy

It has been a busy few weeks.  I had the great joy of visiting with my sister and her husband in upstate New York, a visit which included a trip to Ohio to watch as my sister and her husband held their first grandchild for the first time!  And Michael is my first grand nephew!  Ever since I learned that my nephew and his wife were expecting I have been praying for them and for the new baby-on-the-way! My niece was so good to send pictures of the ultra-sound images taken during her pre-natal doctor visits. 

The miracle of life – new life!  As I held Michael and looked at his beautiful little face, his tiny fingers, and listened to his little whimpers as he slept, I was so grateful to God for the gift of this new little person. 

Following my family visit we entered into our annual retreat.  Father’s conferences were on the theme of God’s mercy with thoughts and material taken from Pope Francis’ proclamation for the forthcoming Extraordinary Jubilee Year of Mercy set to begin on December 8.  I hope to share from my notes later but in the meantime here is a link to the Holy Father’s proclamation: http://w2.vatican.va/content/francesco/en/apost_letters/documents/papa-francesco_bolla_20150411_misericordiae-vultus.html

We have more than a year to read the document and pray and reflect on its contents!  Perhaps you can print it out a few pages at a time.


No comments: